We are currently booking appointments for those individuals or families that need to surrender their pets. Please note that surrenders are only accepted with an appointment.
The Toronto Humane Society is a charity and relies on private donations to continue helping the thousands of animals we take in. There is a $50 surrender fee for all admissions.
To inquire about surrendering your animal please contact 416 392 2273 ext. 2248 or email@example.com
If you are a member of a rescue group in need of assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to:
- Bring photo identification
- Provide proof that the animal is yours and you have the right to surrender it
- Bring all veterinary records you have for the animal
- Fill out surrender profile of the animal, we ask that you fill out the form and email it in with your admission request. (please note: the Firefox browser has trouble with some PDFs so you may need to use another browser or save the PDF and open it with Adobe Reader)
- Read and understand the irrevocable surrender form
The THS should be your last resort for placing your animal. Before contacting us you should attempt to place the animal in another home on your own. Ask friends and family if they are interested in the pet, ask neighbours, put up flyers in your neighbourhood and at your local pet store, pet park and veterinary clinics. Placing your animal in a shelter will be stressful and difficult for your animal and we are eager to avoid this if possible.
The THS has the right to refuse to accept your animals at our discretion.
The THS is unable to accommodate wildlife animals at this time and we have partnerships with other organizations who are assisting us in this regard. In addition, the THS is working in partnership with the Toronto Animal Service to reunite stray animals with their correct owners.
Surrender appointments may take up to one hour per animal to complete. You must remain at the shelter throughout that time until the process is completed.
For more information on admissions, please call: 416.392.2273
New Shelter adoption hours are:
Monday to Friday - 11am to 6pm (animal viewing until 7pm)
Saturday and Sunday - 10am to 5pm (animal viewing until 6pm)