The Toronto Humane Society advocates for all animals. We strive to give animals a voice and actively pursue public policy in accordance with our position statements.
Have Your Say
Help strengthen Canada’s animal cruelty laws – write to your federal Member of Parliament and ask them to support the Modernizing Animal Protections Act.
- Find your MP (you’ll need your home postal code)
- Send a letter or email asking him/her to support the Modernizing Animal Protections Act
- Include your home address (so they know you live in their riding)
- Send a copy to Nathaniel Erskine-Smith (Nathaniel.Erskine-Smith@parl.gc.ca), the MP who drafted the bill
The Modernizing Animal Protections Act:
- Bans the cruel practice of shark finning, where a shark is caught, his/her fins are sliced off and the live shark is thrown back in the ocean to drown
- Strengthens the animal cruelty provisions in the Criminal Code
- Eliminates the use of dog and cat fur, including in clothing and kids’ toys
Adopting Black Cats at Halloween
Breed Specific Legislation
Improving OSPCA Standards of Care
Spring Bear Hunt
We are a proud member of: