Home / Connect / Blog / How Dog Walking Can Help Your Pet With “Back to Normal”
How Dog Walking Can Help Your Pet With “Back to Normal”
Hiring a dog walker is a great way to ensure your pet is getting enrichment and exercise they need while you are away, not to mention helping them transition to a new routine. At Toronto Humane Society, our Dog Walking Service is ready to help!
The Training Walk Package provides dogs and dog owners with expert enrichment and training practices at the same time. While pet owners will continue to learn at-home skills to keep up with their dog’s training, a professional dog trainer will jumpstart the learning process while providing important daily enrichment. And with many pet owners returning to work, now is the time to provide support for your pet so they can transition to new routines!
How the Training Walk Package works
After a “goal setting” session with a certified trainer, we create a personalized training plan specifically for you and your pet. Then, over the course of a month, your dog will learn, and practice new skills outlined in your training plan with a certified dog trainer. You’ll receive weekly updates on progress via video call and an end-of-month skills transfer session. You will also receive a complimentary registration in the group training class of your choice so you can continue to keep the momentum going. Learn more about our Training Walk Package here.
The full list of services and benefits in this package includes:
- A consultation with a certified trainer to identify your dog’s training goals
- A personalized training plan
- Monday to Friday training walks during which your dog learns and practices new skills outlined in your training plan
- A weekly emailed report card
- A skills transfer session with your trainer at the end of the month so that you can continue to maintain your dog’s new skills
- Daily water bowl refresh
- Daily post-walk Kong enrichment (Kong toy provided upon package purchase)
- Weekly 15-minute video call with your trainer to discuss progress
- One complimentary trainer-led group class of your choice, led by a certified trainer
- A complimentary invitation to our monthly trainer led Canine Social Walk (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
Currently we are offering service in the following neighbourhoods:
- Moss Park
- Regent Park
- The Distillery District
- James Town
We expand our boundaries from time to time as our service grows, so please contact us if you fall outside of the above areas.
Learn more about what makes us stand out and book a complimentary training walk consultation here.